One of the questions we had for DFW TV meteorologists was How do viewers react when you get a forecast wrong? The answers varied, although many said viewers understand the volatility of the weather here, and are therefore pretty forgiving.
But theyre not always forgiving. Evan Andrews, of Fox 4s Good Day, is in the unenviable position of telling people how their days weather is going to go before theyve even finished their morning coffee. Maybe its the informal nature of Good Day, but Andrews appears to get more than the usual earful when hes off the mark. So he sent us his Good Day Top 10 list of zingers hes gotten from viewers:
10. Let me on there. I look better than you and I can guess just as well!
9. Did you get your degree in a box of Capn Crunch?
8. What happened to that sun you said wed get? Oh, I know, its behind the clouds.
7. I dont care if its right 98 percent of the time. You got today wrong.
6. My kids party got rained out. Im sending you the bill.
5. A week ago you said it would be 80 on Sunday. Now today (Friday) you say 50? Why make a seven-day forecast?
4. You told me it would rain at 2 p.m. and it didnt rain until 2:30!
3. Im a pharmacist and if I screwed up as much as yall, Id have killed a lot of people!
2. Is there a forecast dart board in the office?
1. Meteorologist is the only profession where you can blow it and still keep your job!