I know plenty of dogs who love nothing more than staying home with a good shoe and unrestricted access to the toilet bowl, but that's not me. Not this Lab.
I am a social butterfly -- as much as any dog can be a butterfly -- and I love to go out on the town.
Fortunately, my person knows this and I live in Fort Worth, where there are plenty of restaurants, bars and stores only a few miles from my house that are happy to see me when I come wagging in for a cool drink or a tasty treat. Here are a few of my favorites. Share yours at DFW.com.
Restaurants and bars
1. Chadra Mezza & Grill, patio: Pooches have their own happy hour, 4 to 10 p.m. Wednesdays, and they are not stingy with the treats! And that Mediterranean food smells so good. 1622 Park Place Ave., Fort Worth, 817-926-3992
2. Love Shack So7, patio: Lots of kids eat here ... which means lots of uneaten French fries on the ground for me to snack on. 817 Matisse St., Suite 445, Fort Worth, 817-348-9566; www.loveburgershack.com
3. Yucatan Taco Stand, patio: It can be a little tricky getting onto this patio along Magnolia Avenue -- you have to either brave the indoors to the patio entrance or be lifted over the fence, but it's worth it. 909 W. Magnolia Ave., Fort Worth. 817-924-8646.; www.yucatantacostand1.com
4. Curly's Frozen Custard: I love that this patio is grassy ... unlimited sniffing! 4017 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth. 817-763-8700; www.curlysfrozencustard.com
5. The Ginger Man, patio: Lots of room to roam or lay down. Come early to grab a spot in the shade. They've even got dog bowls for us, so you know we're welcome. Make sure your human asks about the Flying Dog beer.
3716 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth. 817-886-2327; www .ftworth.gingermanpub.com
6. Chimy's, patio: Crowded and not a lot of room to relax. Stay on your toes to dodge the humans ... but there's always a chance they may drop a nacho or two. 1053 Foch St., Fort Worth. 817-348-8888; www.chimys.com
7. 7th Haven, patio: It's a bit of a climb to the rooftop patio, but the views of downtown are lovely. And we like the funnies on the neon sign out front. At 7th Haven, they truly are angels; they have pet adoptions on the last Sunday of every month -- and they pay half the adoption fees and match all cash donations. Sweet. 2700 W. Seventh St., Fort Worth. 817-744-8550
8. Pour House, patio: Find a place in the shade, and you'll look cool taking in all the action at this hot spot. 2725 W. Seventh St., Fort Worth. 817-335-2575; www.pour-house.com
9. Paddy Red's Irish Pub: This downtown bar welcomes us four-legged guests indoors, and they've got treats! 903 Throckmorton St., Fort Worth, 817-332-4747; www.paddyredsirishpub.com
10. Lightcatcher Winery, patio: Four-legged guests are not always welcome -- have your humans call ahead and make sure it's OK. But it is a nice drive out there. And they just bottled some new white wine called Happy Cat. 6925 Confederate Park Road, Fort Worth. 817-237-2626; www.lightcatcher.com
Stores and other cool hangouts
1. Lululemon: The coldest floor in town, which is something that shouldn't be overlooked in this Texas heat. I can lay here for hours while my human shops for yoga and athletic gear. 2200 W. Seventh St., No. 104, Fort Worth. 817-882-8075; www.lululemon.com
2. The Greener Good: These humans truly love dogs ... I always feel so welcome. And I've got my eye on one of the hemp collars they sell. 6333 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, 817-732-1500; thegreenergood.com
3. Backwoods: Love this store ... not a fan of its elevator. 2727 W. Seventh St., Fort Worth. 817-332-2423; www.backwoods.com
4. Luke's Locker: I look forward to this place since it usually means we're going RUNNING! 2600 W. Seventh St., Montgomery Plaza, Fort Worth, 817-877-1448; www.lukeslocker.com
5. Apple Store: A great place to make new human-friends and test-drive new iPhone apps. 1620 S. University Drive, No. 201, Fort Worth. 817-840-9801;